Resources at Work
Many helpful resources for navigating your day and your career at UF College of Medicine:
UF College of Medicine and University Resources
- GatorResources – Information for new employees
- University Police – UPD website has bike laws, how to report burned out street lights etc. .
- Housestaff Summary – Housestaff Fringe Benefit Programs
- UF Faculty Handbook – Provides new and continuing faculty members with general information about the policies and procedures that guide the University of Florida in the pursuit of its basic goals of teaching, research, and service.
- Immigration Compliance Services – The University of Florida has retained the law firm of Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP (“Fragomen”) to handle the University’s immigrant and non immigrant visa petitions
- Environmental Health & Safety
- Parking and Transportation
- Campus Map
- Virtual Tour
- U Matter, We Care – This is an umbrella for care-related programs and resources for students and employees. It includes a program to train people to recognize the signs of distress and to provide help and other resources.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – Provides employees with free and confidential consultation with licensed mental health professionals. The EAP can also facilitate workshops and trainings for groups, addressing topics such as stress management. Similarly, the University of Florida’s Counseling and Wellness Center is available for students (counseling.ufl.edu).
- UF’s information line, which serves to dispel rumors and provide the latest information and UF news, may be reached by calling 1-866-UF-FACTS.
- UF Alert System – The university uses this system in cases of emergency. To ensure you are receiving news and updates, now is a good time to verify your emergency contact information in the myUFL system. To do so, login to myUFL and navigate to Main Menu > My Account > Update Emergency Contact. Scroll to the bottom of the page to select the correct UF Alert Preference.
- UF Emergency Management – This is another great resource for information. The scenarios on its “Take Action” page address a variety of emergencies about which all UF faculty and staff should be informed.
- The university’s Ombuds program serves as a confidential resource and neutral party for those who may have a university-related concern, problem, or just want to talk privately about a UF policy or procedure. The Ombuds for students and staff may be reached at (352) 392-1308. Faculty may contact the Office of the Faculty Ombuds at (352) 273-1708 or email@example.com, and faculty in the College of Medicine may contact the College of Medicine Faculty Ombuds at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Faculty and staff who wish to report a specific concern may do so anonymously via the UF Compliance Hotline at 877-556-5356 or online via UF’s Reporting System.
- UF Employee Relations is also available to assist with complaints. Their office can be reached by calling (352) 392-1075 or by emailing email@example.com.
- Reports of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual misconduct, dating violence, domestic violence, and stalking should be directed to the University’s Title IX Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Research at UF Information
- UF Health Research Support Offices and Programs – Research support offered by numerous offices and programs working across and within colleges.
- Faculty on-boarding document – Office of Research Affairs – We help network faculty with other researchers to maximize collaborations and efficient use of shared resources
- Information for new HSC Lab Faculty
- University of Florida Gainesville Health Science Center Institutional Review Board (IRB-01) – IRB Informational contact
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC)
- Recent Funding Opportunities
- Health Science Library
- George A. Smathers Libraries – UF Library Programs
Benefits / Administration
- UF Human Resources
- Faculty Benefits Manual – COM Clinical Faculty Fringe Benefit Programs – Enrollment Information and Deadlines
- Forms and Requirements – HR Forms for New and Current Employees
- GatorCare – Health benefits for UF College of Medicine faculty
- Benefits Enrollment – Eligibility and enrollment information for the various insurance plans offered to UF employees
- Benefits Tutorials – Overview of the benefits plans offered both by the State of Florida and the University of Florida. Tutorials give a brief overview of each plan, and a link to the plan website for more detailed information.
- Retirement Tutorials – Overview of the Retirement plans offered both by the State of Florida and the University of Florida.
- Gator1 Card
- Reporting a Work-Related Injury – Workman’s Compensation
- Preventing Sexual Harassment Training
- myUFL Basics – This toolkit is designed for all users of the myUFL portal. Refer to this information when navigating through self-service functions, personalizing the portal view, or as a refresher on basic myUFL functionality.
- Reporting Time and Leave
- myUFL Toolkits – These pages are designed to provide, in one place, the key resources you need to learn and use the myUFL system.
- UF Health Fitness & Wellness Center
- UF Counseling & Wellness Center